Millward Brown Australia has once again been recognised and awarded as an AON Hewitt Best Employer Australia and New Zealand. The company was first awarded Best Employer status in 2011.
The 2013 study includes data from a survey of over 100,000 employees, across 125 organisations. This year, 19 companies across Australia and New Zealand have been accredited as Aon Hewitt Best Employers; those with the highest levels of employee engagement and outstanding people practices.
Whilst being accredited for the second successive time, Millward Brown Australia overall employee engagement score rose from 76% to 79%.
This is a testament to the commitment and engagement of our employees and shows that our relentless people-focus continues to pay dividends with the attraction and retention of the best talent in the market.
6 key lessons from an Aon Hewitt Best Employer and Millward Brown’s Initiatives:
- Align engagement and culture with your business strategy: - we take all staff off-site for a conference and involve them in developing our strategy.
- Develop people leadership capability as a core competency: - our competency models have a focus on people leadership and we make this part of leaders’ and managers’ objectives.
- Connect middle managers to the strategy: - we ask for volunteers across our business to work on our strategic pillars. Specialist teams are formed and collectively they work on the specific pillar all year.
- Tailor engagement strategies to critical group: – our people like to have a say, so we get them involved with decisions. One example is our cross-functional “benefits” team who decides on the most appropriate benefit for implementing.
- Reinforce individual performance expectations: – we believe in rewarding high performance and do so by offering tailored reward programs.
- Deliver against a compelling employment brand: – our comprehensive total rewards framework includes tailored training and development programs for all employees.
Key findings from the Best Employers study for Australia and New Zealand include:
- Best Employers achieve four times higher profit growth than other organisations – our revenue has consistently grown even during difficult economic times.
- In 2012 and 2013, 38% of organisations improved their level of employee engagement and Millward Brown Australia was one of those.
- 83% of Best Employers have an explicit employer brand, compared to only 39% of other organisations – Millward Brown Australia has a focus on its people in every decision and action we take.
To obtain further information on how Millward Brown Australia achieved such an award, click here