Millward Brown will only collect personally identifiable data of web site users, such as your name or email address, when it is voluntarily submitted to us at this Web site. We also collect non-personally identifiable information via various tracking utilities, as described below.
We will use this information only as described below. We do not otherwise sell your personally identifiable information to third parties.
- For those users who provide a name and email address, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, to provide you information about Millward Brown’s products and services and to add you to our newsletter and marketing lists.
- We may provide your personal information to third party companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as offering customer service or marketing resources. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
- We may send you service-related announcements.
- We may also disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
Personally identifiable information which you voluntarily disclose online in a publicly accessible blog, chat room, social media platform or other open forum, may be viewed and used by others without any restrictions. We may associate your name and website with your comments on our blog, but we are unable to control uses of your personally identifiable information by other users who see your information, and by using such services you assume the risk that the personally identifiable information provided by you may be viewed and used by third parties for any number of purposes.
Millward Brown is a Kantar company. By submitting personal data to Millward Brown, as described above, you consent to us sharing your personal information within Millward Brown and Kantar companies. For more information about Kantar companies please see the "Who We Are" section on www.aboutkantar.com.
Your personally identifiable information may be transferred if Millward Brown is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information in the rare but possible circumstance that the information is subject to disclosure pursuant to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, orders or for similar legal or regulatory requirements.
Links to Other Sites
Non-personal Information Collection and Use
In common with many commercial organizations we monitor the use of this Web site by collecting aggregate information. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use, the pages you visit or the Web site which directed you to our site. This information is used to help us evaluate the viewing of content and services on this Web site. We also collect non-personally identifiable information via various reporting and tracking utilities, as described below.
Reporting & Tracking Utilities
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information is related to the use of this Site and services and includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We may collect certain non-personally identifiable information in part through the use of a web technology called a “cookie.” A cookie is a small text file that is saved to your computer using your web browser, which allows websites to recognize you and store preferences and other information if you return to the website using the same computer and browser.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You control how your internet browser processes and saves cookies by following directions provided in your browser’s “help” file.
We use a number of social media tools to enhance visitor interaction on our site. If you already use these platforms their cookies may be set through our website.
Our third party analytics companies employ a software technology called Web Beacons. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used on this site to track the online movements of our site users. Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages. Web beacons may set cookies or interact with cookies on user’s computers.
We may use Web beacons in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns. If you would like to opt-out of these emails, please see the “Opt-out” section below. We utilize certain third-party tracking services that deploy web beacons (and cookies) to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our Site in the aggregate to capture usage and volume statistics to improve our Site.
If you no longer wish to receive email communications from Millward Brown as described above, you may opt-out by following the directions that are included in each email communication. You may also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
We have put in place reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access to the information we collect. However, no security measures are 100% impenetrable and we cannot guarantee against all potential security breaches. Moreover, the transmission of information over the Internet is not inherently secure, and we are not responsible for the transmission of information over networks that we do not control. Your use of our Site demonstrates your assumption of these risks.
We will retain the information described above for as long as the information has value as part of the services we offer, or as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, whichever is longer. If you wish to request that we no longer use your personally identifiable information to provide you services or information, please contact us at email@example.com
Children Under 13 Year Old
This Web site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from or about any person under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old and wish to ask a question or use this site in any way which requires you to submit your personal information, please get your parent or guardian to do so on your behalf.
Site and Service Updates
When necessary, we will send registered users site and service announcement updates. Registered users are not able to un-subscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about the service. We communicate with the user to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to their account via email.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If you are a registered user, you can access and update your contact information by logging into your account. You may also request deactivation of your Millward Brown account or any of your personal information held by us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you choose to deactivate your account, we will retain in our files some personal information you have requested to remove to prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce our Terms & Conditions, respect your opt-out preferences, and comply with legal requirements as permitted by law.
If we make a material change to this policy, we will post a prominent notice on this site for 30 calendar days prior to the implementation of the material change and describe how individuals may exercise any applicable choice. Following the implementation of the material change, we will record at the introduction of this policy when the policy was last revised.
Millward Brown legal entities in the United States comply with the U.S.-E.U. and U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from the European Union and Switzerland. To view the Millward Brown certification on the Safe Harbor list or to learn more about the Safe Harbor programs principles of Notice, Choice, Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity, Access and Enforcement, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
If you have questions or concerns regarding our compliance with the U.S. E.U. and U.S. Swiss Safe Harbor framework, you should first contact us at email@example.com. If you do not receive acknowledgement of your inquiry in 30 days, or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you have the option to contact American Arbitration Association (AAA), our third party Safe Harbor dispute resolution provider, register and file a claim at https://apps.adr.org/webfile/
United States of America
Third party web service and data hosting providers may be utilized in some instances and data storage locations may be outside of the USA. These companies are contractually authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us and use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect against unauthorized access.
You understand that our data is subject to lawful requests by the courts or law enforcement authorities in the United States.
If you have questions related to privacy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Global Brand Marketing
Millward Brown, Inc.
11 Madison Avenue, 12th floor
New York, NY 10010
By accessing this Web site you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions ("terms"), please read them carefully. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms you should not access or view this Web site.
- The information contained in this Web site is intended for general information purposes only. Millward Brown has made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on this Web site is accurate at the time of inclusion, however there may be inaccuracies and occasional errors for which Millward Brown apologizes.
- Millward Brown makes no representations or warranties about the information provided through this Web site, including any hypertext links to any Web site or other items used either directly or indirectly from this Web site. Millward Brown accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in this Web site and any decisions based on information contained in Millward Brown's Web sites are the sole responsibility of the visitor.
- The information and images contained within this Web site are ©copyright Millward Brown, Inc. We permit you to make copies of this Web site as necessary incidental acts during your viewing of it; and you may take a print for your personal use of so much of the site as is reasonable for private purposes. You may not frame this site nor link to a page other than the home page without our express permission in writing.
- You shall not use this Web site for any illegal purposes and in particular agree that you shall not send, use, copy, post or allow any posting which is defamatory or obscene within the meaning of the obscene publications act or which is abusive, indecent or in breach of the privacy of any person. You agree not to send any unsolicited promotional or advertising material, spam or similar materials or any volume messages that may interfere with the operation of this Web site or with the enjoyment of this Web site by other visitors.
- Millward Brown reserves the right at any time and without notice to enhance, modify, alter, suspend or permanently discontinue all or any part of this Web site and to restrict or prohibit access to it.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Millward Brown against any costs, claims, losses and damages (including legal fees) incurred by or awarded against Millward Brown as a result of your misuse of this Web site or your breach of these terms.
- This Web site is provided to you free of charge, and neither Millward Brown nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies accept any liability to you (except in the case of personal injury or death caused by its negligence or for fraud or as required by law) whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arising out of it in connection with this Web site. Millward Brown accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatsoever kind resulting from whatever cause through the use of any information obtained either directly or indirectly from this Web site. Your sole remedy is to discontinue using this Web site.
- These terms may be amended by Millward Brown from time to time.
In the event that any or any part of the terms contained in these terms and conditions shall be determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term shall to that extent be severed from the remaining terms which shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.